All products, logos, and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement.
Over the course of the past several years, the state of Colorado has been devastated by increasing rates of opioid addiction and overdose. In response to the statewide opioid epidemic, CuraWest is now in-network with Colorado Access, one of Colorado’s regional Medicaid administrators.
Opioid overdose deaths have increased year after year since the pandemic. Providing Medicaid-covered Coloradans with a high level, step-down treatment program means fewer addiction cases and fewer untimely overdose deaths. Thresholds need to be raised and financial barriers to care must be rapidly eliminated. At CuraWest, we are dedicated to eliminating financial barriers by working directly with First Health Colorado and affiliated organizations. Our Denver area medical detoxification and residential treatment center is in-network with Colorado Access.
If you or someone you love has been struggling with addiction and has been concerned about covering the costs of treatment, CuraWest is available to help. Contact us today if you are currently insured through Colorado Access, and we will guide you through the beginning stages of our admissions process, ensuring you receive the quality of care you deserve in a timely manner.
What Is Colorado Access?
Colorado Access is a nonprofit health plan serving individuals and families in the Denver area. First founded in 1994, the affordable health plan helps Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid program) connect members with the regional help they need. Members also have access to a network of providers outside of the Denver area who are in-network with Colorado Access. The official website reads, “At Colorado Access we partner with communities to empower people through access to quality, equitable, and affordable care. We value diversity of cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives. We commit to building the awareness and knowledge necessary to collaborate with colleagues, providers, members, and communities in a culturally appropriate way.” Colorado Access offers coverage for behavioral healthcare, including substance use disorder and mental health treatment services. At CuraWest we are partnered with First Health Colorado, meaning Colorado Access members have access to our multi-staged addiction treatment program. If you or someone you love is living in Colorado and is in need of professional medical detox and rehabilitation services, contact us today.
Does Colorado Access Medicaid Cover Drug Detox, Rehab, & Addiction Treatment?
Beginning January 1, 2021, Health First Colorado expanded to include treatment for substance use disorders. A public announcement made by the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (HCPF) reads, “The Department of Health Care Policy & Financing (Department) is expanding substance use disorder coverage for Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid program) members. This expanded coverage will provide members greater assistance on their road to recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. Beginning Jan. 1, 2021, and in accordance with HB 18-1136, the Department will add inpatient and residential components, including withdrawal management, to the continuum of outpatient substance use disorder services currently available. With these additions, the full continuum of care will be covered for eligible members.” As Colorado Access is a Health First Colorado regional organization, it does cover detox and substance use treatment where it is accepted.
At CuraWest we are available to help you get connected with the quality care you need and deserve. Contact us today to begin your personal journey of addiction recovery.
We Are Here For You
Let Us Help You Heal
Our Drug & Alcohol detoxification experience is second to none.
Learn how we can help by speaking with one of our Treatment Advisors today.
Colorado Access Substance Use Disorder & Behavioral Health Treatment Benefits
What are the benefits associated with Colorado Access and substance use disorder treatment? As of January, 2021, benefits include:
- Medical Withdrawal Management Services — Medical detox is a crucial part of the addiction treatment process. Because the symptoms associated with drug and alcohol withdrawal can be unpredictable, they must be closely overseen and treated by a team of licensed medical professionals in order for complications to be successfully avoided. At CuraWest we have developed an effective detox program in Denver, Colorado for people of all ages suffering from addictive disorders of all types and severities. We focus on more than a safe withdrawal from drugs and alcohol — we work to lay a solid foundation for continued success in sobriety.
- Residential & Inpatient Treatment Services — Once a person has been physically stabilized they often transition directly into a residential inpatient treatment program, where they continue to heal on a physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual basis. Our residential program lasts for between 3 and 21 days depending on the unique needs of each individual client. While residential treatment is beneficial for everyone, not everyone requires a three week-long stay. We take an integrated approach to recovery, helping clients work through the wreckage of the past while building a beautiful future.
At CuraWest we believe in the benefits of a multi-staged program of addiction recovery. While medical detox is an important first step, longer term sobriety can only be achieved when detox is followed up with a higher level of care. We offer a comprehensive recovery program that begins with detox and progresses to a short stay in our residential facility. To learn more about the treatment services we offer, contact us today.
What Detox & Addiction Treatment Services Are Covered By Colorado Access?
At CuraWest we offer a comprehensive curriculum of clinical care. Which of the treatment services we offer are covered by Colorado Access? In most cases, Colorado Access will cover both our medically monitored detoxification and our inpatient treatment programs. Our goal is to provide individuals in all socioeconomic demographics with the quality care they need to make a full and lasting recovery.
At CuraWest, we believe in the benefits of a multi-staged program of addiction recovery. Once a person has been physically stabilized in the detoxification portion of our program, they are encouraged to immediately transition into the therapeutic residential treatment portion of our program, which will ultimately improve treatment outcomes and reduce the risk of relapse.
Services we offer that are covered by Colorado Access include:
- Medically monitored detoxification.
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) — specifically comfort medications to help facilitate the withdrawal process.
- Individual therapy with a licensed therapeutic professional.
- Group therapy sessions facilitated by a licensed therapeutic professional.
- Family therapy sessions, geared towards the restoration of healthy family dynamics.
- Residential treatment, which includes between 7 and 21 days in our inpatient treatment facility (a comfortable living space and common areas, 3 nutritious meals a day, and other amenities).
- Case management services.
- Personalized aftercare planning services.
Our Drug & Alcohol Detox Services Include
Medical Detox Programs & Therapies Covered for Treatment & Recovery
The medical detox, addiction treatment services, and therapy programs offered by CuraWest and covered by Colorado Access include:
- Medical Detox — Medical detox is often the first step on the road to recovery. While in medical detox, a person will undergo a safe drug and/or alcohol withdrawal under the close supervision of a team of licensed medical professionals.
- Residential Treatment — Residential treatment is focused on addressing the underlying causes of addiction while helping the client develop the skills necessary to avoid relapse long-term. Clients begin to heal on a mental and emotional basis while engaged in this level of care. In many instances, clients are introduced to the 12 Step model of recovery, and they have the opportunity to develop aftercare plans that lend themselves to relapse prevention.
Coverage for Inpatient Residential Addiction Rehab
Inpatient treatment, also known as residential treatment, is the highest level of clinical care available. Most individuals will stay engaged in inpatient treatment for between 7 and 28 days depending on personal need. What makes residential treatment unique is the fact that clients live in a designated rehabilitation center and undergo full days of therapeutic intervention, identifying and working through the root causes of their addiction while developing the coping mechanisms and life skills they need to thrive in their newfound lives of addiction recovery.
In some instances, inpatient treatment services can be covered by Colorado Access. CuraWest is unique in that we are a privately funded rehabilitation center that accepts Medicaid through the State of Colorado. Contact us today to determine eligibility and begin your journey of healing.
How to Verify Your Treatment Coverage With Colorado Access
If you are interested in learning more about our treatment program or if you would like to verify your treatment coverage with Colorado Access, the best way to do so is by contacting our Admissions Office directly. As soon as you do, you will be connected with someone who can conduct a free, no obligation health insurance benefit check, quickly and easily verifying your coverage. We can be reached over the phone or directly through our website. We look forward to speaking with you soon and helping you get started on your personal journey of addiction recovery.
What Is the Treatment Admissions Process When Paying With Colorado Access?
At CuraWest we have developed an admissions process that is simple and straightforward. We will guide you through every step of the process, but we recommend you take a look at the following steps to better prepare yourself for the admissions process. When covering your treatment experience with Colorado Access , you will want to be sure you have all of the necessary information on hand.
- Apply for Health First Colorado. Make sure you qualify, and gather the following information: your social security number, your name, address, date of birth, and contact information, your employer and income information, and any policy numbers or information for health insurance plans covering members of your household. If you have other health insurance, you may still qualify for Health First Colorado coverage.
- Once you have been approved for Health First Colorado and Colorado Access has been confirmed as your regional organization, contact our Admissions Department directly with your policy information in hand.
- Speak with one of our compassionate and knowledgeable team members who will ask you a series of questions geared towards determining whether our detox and residential treatment program is right for you.
Ready To Begin Your Drug & Alcohol Detox?
We Offer A Safe & Effective Program
Don’t let Drug & Alcohol addiction control your life.
Call us today and let’s get you started on the path to a better you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Colorado Access the Same as Medicaid / Medicare?
Colorado Access is a regional offshoot of Health First Colorado, Colorado’s Medicaid program. There is a distinct difference to be made between Medicaid and Medicare, however.
- Medicaid — Medicaid is a joint federal and state program that offers healthcare to those with limited resources, specifically those in low income brackets.
- Medicare — Medicare is a federal health insurance program for individuals over the age of 65, and for some people who are under 65 and who have certain qualifying disabilities or conditions.
If you have low income or you have a lack of other resources available to you, you might be eligible for Health First Colorado and Colorado Access. Contact us today to learn more.
Is Colorado Access & Health First Colorado the Same?
Health First Colorado is the name of Colorado’s Medicaid program. Colorado Access is an organization that manages the administration of Health First in its region (throughout the Denver area). CuraWest is in contract with this individual regional provider. If you are covered by Colorado Access, you are covered by Health First Colorado, and CuraWest’s treatment services are likely covered.
Does Colorado Medicaid Cover Rehab & Addiction Treatment?
Health First Colorado – (Colorado’s Medicaid program) does cover rehab and addiction treatment at select treatment facilities in the Denver area. However, many privately funded detox and rehabilitation centers do not accept Medicaid. The majority of private treatment centers work exclusively with privately funded insurance companies. Because CuraWest is dedicated to making quality clinical care available to those in need regardless of socioeconomic status, we do accept Colorado Medicaid via Colorado Access. Contact us today to learn more.
Does Colorado Access Pay for Mental Health, Substance Abuse Disorders, or Behavioral Health Services?
The Department of Health Care Policy & Financing states, “Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid program) members have comprehensive mental health and substance use disorder services through their regional organization. Behavioral health providers can get you medically necessary behavioral health services, like therapy or medications.” As a regional organization managed by Health First Colorado, Colorado Access does cover treatment for substance use disorders and other behavioral healthcare services. In some cases, the Colorado Medicaid policy will cover mental health services, but it depends on the facility offering them.
Begin Healing Now!
Have A Call With One Of Our Treatment Advisors
Don’t Suffer Any Longer
Contact Us Today to Learn More
If you or someone you love is living in the Denver area and currently has Medicaid through Colorado Access, there is a good chance that some or all of the treatment services offered at CuraWest will be covered partially or in full. Contact us today to check your eligibility and begin your personal journey of addiction recovery. As soon as you make the decision to reach out for help, you will be connected with a knowledgeable Treatment Advisor who will walk you through each step of our simple and straightforward admissions process. First, we will confirm your eligibility through Colorado Access by completing a free, no obligation health insurance benefit check. Once we ensure that the services we offer are covered by your current policy, we will set a date and time for your admission and help organize local ground transportation if need be. If we believe that you would benefit more from an alternative service, we will help connect you with a more appropriate treatment program in the Denver area. Our main priority is ensuring you receive the help you need and deserve in a timely manner. We look forward to speaking with you soon and helping you get started on the journey of recovery as quickly as possible.