Health First Colorado Medicaid Health Insurance
All products, logos, and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement
Over the course of the past several years, the state of Colorado has been devastated by increasing rates of opioid addiction and overdose. In response to the statewide opioid epidemic, CuraWest is now in-network with Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid program) and some of their regional accountable entities (RAEs).
Opioid overdose deaths have increased year after year since the pandemic. Providing Medicaid-covered Coloradans with a high level, step-down treatment program means fewer addiction cases and fewer untimely overdose deaths. At CuraWest we believe that thresholds must be raised and financial barriers to care must be rapidly eliminated when it comes to receiving life-saving care. If you or someone you love has been struggling with addiction and has been concerned about covering the costs of treatment, CuraWest is available to help. Contact us today if you are currently insured through Health First Colorado, and we will guide you through the beginning stages of our admissions process, ensuring you receive the quality of care you deserve in a timely manner.
What Is Health First Colorado Health Insurance?
Medicaid in Colorado is known as Health First Colorado, which offers a member-focused approach to public healthcare. The official Health First Colorado website reads, “Health First Colorado is public health insurance for Coloradans who qualify. Medicaid is funded jointly by the federal government and Colorado state government, and is administered by the Department of Health Care Policy & Financing. Each state manages its own Medicaid program differently. Every member of Health First Colorado has a primary care provider and belongs to a regional organization that helps connect you with the health care you need. Your primary care provider is your first contact for your health and wellness services. Health First Colorado will assign you to a primary care provider. You and your primary care provider belong to a regional organization that helps you make sure you get the health care and services you need.”
If you are covered by Health First Colorado and you currently reside in the Denver, contact us directly to learn more about available treatment services.
Does Health First Colorado Cover Detox & Addiction Treatment?
Beginning January 1, 2021, Health First Colorado expanded to include treatment for substance use disorders. A public announcement made by the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (HCPF) reads, “The Department of Health Care Policy & Financing (Department) is expanding substance use disorder coverage for Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid program) members. This expanded coverage will provide members greater assistance on their road to recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. Beginning Jan. 1, 2021, the Department will add inpatient and residential components, including withdrawal management, to the continuum of outpatient substance use disorder services currently available. With these additions, the full continuum of care will be covered for eligible members.”
Health First Colorado Substance Use Disorder Treatment Benefits
What are the benefits associated with Health First Colorado and substance use disorder treatment? As of January, 2021, benefits include:
- Medical Withdrawal Management Services — Medical detox is a crucial part of the addiction treatment process. Because the symptoms associated with drug and alcohol withdrawal can be unpredictable, they must be closely overseen and treated by a team of licensed medical professionals for complications to be successfully avoided. At CuraWest we have developed an effective detox program in Denver, Colorado for people of all ages suffering from addictive disorders of all types and severities. We focus on more than a safe withdrawal from drugs and alcohol — we work to lay a solid foundation for continued success in sobriety.
- Residential & Inpatient Treatment Services — Once a person has been physically stabilized they often transition directly into a residential inpatient treatment program, where they continue to heal on a physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual basis. Our residential program lasts for between 3 and 21 days depending on the unique needs of each individual client. While residential treatment is beneficial for everyone, not everyone requires a three week-long stay. We take an integrated approach to recovery, helping clients work through the wreckage of the past while building a beautiful future.
At CuraWest we believe in the benefits of a multi-staged program of addiction recovery. While medical detox is an important first step, longer term sobriety can only be achieved when detox is followed up with a higher level of care. We offer a comprehensive recovery program that begins with detox and progresses to a short stay in our residential facility. To learn more about the treatment services we offer, contact us today.
We Are Here For You
Let Us Help You Heal
Our Drug & Alcohol detoxification experience is second to none.
Learn how we can help by speaking with one of our Treatment Advisors today.
Which Detox & Addiction Treatment Services Are Covered by Health First Colorado?
At CuraWest we offer a comprehensive curriculum of clinical care. Which treatment services are covered by Health First Colorado? In most cases, Health First Colorado will cover our medically monitored detoxification and inpatient treatment programs, along with the treatment services offered as part of each individual level of care.
Our goal is to provide individuals in all socioeconomic demographics with the quality care they need to make a full recovery. We believe in the benefits of a multi-staged program of addiction recovery. Medical detox is an important initial step on the road to recovery, but in order to be effective it must be immediately followed up with a higher level of care. Once a person has been physically stabilized, they are encouraged to immediately transition into the therapeutic residential treatment portion of our program, which will ultimately improve treatment outcomes and reduce the risk of relapse.
Medical Detox Treatment & Therapy Programs
The detox and addiction treatment services provided by CuraWest and covered by Health First Colorado include:
- Medical Detox — Medical detox is often the first step on the road to recovery. While in medical detox, a person will undergo a safe drug and/or alcohol withdrawal under the close supervision of a team of licensed medical professionals.
- Residential Treatment — Residential treatment is focused on addressing the underlying causes of addiction while helping the client develop the skills necessary to avoid relapse long-term. Clients begin to heal on a mental and emotional basis while engaged in this level of care. In many instances, clients are introduced to the 12 Step model of recovery, and they can develop aftercare plans that lend themselves to relapse prevention.
Inpatient Residential Addiction Rehab Insurance Coverage
Inpatient treatment, also known as residential treatment, is the highest level of clinical care available. Most individuals will stay engaged in inpatient treatment for between 7 and 28 days. What makes residential treatment unique is the fact that clients live in a designated rehabilitation center and undergo full days of therapeutic intervention, identifying and working through the root causes of their addiction while developing the coping mechanisms and life skills they need to thrive in lives of sobriety. At CuraWest, we offer a residential treatment program that can last between 7 and 21 days depending on the unique needs of the individual. Our residential program is integrated and focuses on a full restoration of mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual health.
In some instances, inpatient treatment might be covered by Health First Colorado. CuraWest is unique in that we are a privately funded rehabilitation center that accepts Medicaid through the State of Colorado.
Our Drug & Alcohol Detox Services Include
How to Verify Your Treatment Coverage With Health First Colorado
If you are interested in learning more about our treatment program or if you would like to verify your treatment coverage with Health First Colorado Medicaid insurance, the best way to do so is by contacting our Admissions Office directly. As soon as you do, you will be connected with a treatment advisor who will conduct a free, no obligation insurance benefit check, quickly and easily verifying your coverage. We can be reached at the telephone number listed at the top, right side of this page, or directly through our website. We look forward to speaking with you soon and helping you get started on your personal journey of addiction recovery.
What Is the Treatment Admissions Process When Paying With Health First Colorado Insurance?
At CuraWest we have developed an admissions process that is simple and straightforward. We will guide you through every step of the process, but we recommend you take a look at the following steps to better prepare yourself for the admissions process. When covering your treatment experience with Health First Colorado insurance, you will want to be sure you have all of the necessary information on hand.
- Apply for Health First Colorado. Make sure you qualify, and gather the following information: your social security number, your name, address, date of birth, and contact information, your employer and income information, and any policy numbers or information for health insurance plans covering members of your household. You can apply online at Colorado.gov/PEAK or visit the Health First Colorado website for additional options.
- Once you have been approved for Health First Colorado, contact our Admissions Department directly with your policy information on hand.
- Speak with one of our compassionate and knowledgeable team members who will ask you a series of questions geared towards determining whether our detox and residential treatment program is right for you. If we believe you are a good fit, we will help arrange local ground transportation and set a date for your admission. If we believe you would benefit more from an alternative program in the area, we will help connect you with the resources you need to begin your recovery journey.
Ready To Begin Your Drug & Alcohol Detox?
We Offer A Safe & Effective Program
Don’t let Drug & Alcohol addiction control your life.
Call us today and let’s get you started on the path to a better you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Health First Colorado the Same as Medicaid/Medicare?
Health First Colorado is Colorado’s Medicaid program. There is a distinct difference between Medicaid and Medicare, however.
- Medicaid — Medicaid is a joint federal and state program that offers healthcare to those with limited resources, specifically those in low income brackets.
- Medicare — Medicare is a federal health insurance program for individuals over the age of 65, and for some people who are under 65 and who have certain qualifying disabilities or conditions.
If you have low income or you have a lack of other resources available to you, you might be eligible for Health First Colorado — Colorado’s Medicaid program. Contact us today to learn more.
Is Health First Colorado & Colorado Access the Same?
Health First Colorado is the name of Colorado’s Medicaid program. Colorado Access and Colorado Community Health Alliance (CCHA) are two organizations that manage the administration of Health First Colorado in their region (throughout the Denver area). CuraWest contracts with these two individual regional entities, both of which administer Health First Colorado. If you are covered by Colorado Access or CCHA, you are covered by Health First Colorado, and CuraWest’s treatment services may be covered.
Is Colorado Community Health Alliance (CCHA) & Health First Colorado the Same?
Health First Colorado is the name of Colorado’s Medicaid program. Colorado Access and Colorado Community Health Alliance (CCHA) are two organizations that manage the administration of Health First Colorado in their region (throughout the Denver area). CuraWest contracts with these two individual regional entities, both of which administer Health First Colorado. If you are covered by Colorado Access you are covered by Health First Colorado, and the top-quality behavioral healthcare services provided by CuraWest are covered.
Does Colorado Medicaid Cover Rehab & Addiction Treatment?
CuraWest is now in-network with Colorado Community Health Alliance (CCHA) and Colorado Access, both which are managed Medicaid providers in the State of Colorado. Because CuraWest is in-network with CCHA and Colorado Access, both Medicaid plans cover the majority of rehab and addiction treatment services offered by the facility.
Colorado Medicaid does cover rehab and addiction treatment. However, many privately funded detox and rehabilitation centers in the Denver area do not accept Medicaid. The majority of private treatment centers work exclusively with privately funded insurance companies. Because CuraWest is dedicated to making quality clinical care available to those in need regardless of socioeconomic status, we do accept Colorado Medicaid. Contact us today to learn more.
Does Health First Colorado Pay for Mental Health, Substance Abuse Disorders, or Behavioral Health Services?
HCPF states, “Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid program) members have comprehensive mental health and substance use disorder services through their regional organization. Behavioral health providers can get you medically necessary behavioral health services, like therapy or medications.” Health First Colorado does cover treatment for substance use disorders and other behavioral healthcare services. In some cases, the Colorado Medicaid policy will cover mental health services, but it depends on the facility offering them.
Begin Healing Now!
Have A Call With One Of Our Treatment Advisors
Don’t Suffer Any Longer
Get the Help You Need With Health First Colorado Today
If you or someone you love is living in the Denver area and is currently insured through Health First Colorado, CuraWest is available to help. Contact us today to check your eligibility and begin your personal journey of addiction recovery.