Addiction Recovery Resources
Professional Intervention Services
Professional Intervention Services
Watching a loved one struggle with addiction is never easy. At CuraWest we understand that there are few things as difficult as feeling you have run out of options and have nowhere left to turn. We believe in the efficacy of professionally staged interventions, which often mean the difference between continued substance use and entry into an addiction recovery program. If someone you love has been struggling with addiction and consistently refuses treatment, we are available to help. We work directly with several experienced interventionists in Denver, Colorado who are ready and available to work with anyone in need of assistance. The interventionists we work with are more than willing to travel anywhere to help you stage an event that will help prompt your addicted loved one toward the professional help they need. We understand what you are going through, and we are available to help in any way we can. Contact us for more information or to be put in touch with an experienced interventionist today.
What Does an Intervention Look Like?
An intervention is a carefully planned event geared towards helping prompt a person who has been struggling with addiction towards a program of recovery. Interventions typically involve a small, intimate group of family members and close friends who have been directly impacted by the substance abuse disorder. During the intervention specific examples of self-destructive behaviors and related harms are openly shared, treatment options are presented and consequences of refusing help are clearly laid out. Personal boundaries are set by everyone involved, and if the subject of the intervention refuses treatment on the day of the event these boundaries must be upheld. The goal is to encourage the subject to seek treatment willingly while making the process of receiving professional help as simple as possible. Once you reach out to CuraWest we will put you in contact with a professional and experienced interventionist who will then walk you through the remainder of the process.
We Are Here For You
Let Us Help You Heal
Our Drug & Alcohol detoxification experience is second to none.
Learn how we can help by speaking with one of our Treatment Advisors today.
Steps to Staging an Intervention:
- Information Gathering – The interventionist speaks one-on-one with you and/or your family in order to gather pertinent information and clarify the individual needs of your loved one. They might ask questions like, “How long has your loved one been abusing chemical substances, and what kinds?” ‘Has your loved one ever been diagnosed with a mental illness like anxiety or depression?” “Has your loved one ever attempted to get sober in the past?” These questions make for more focused and individualized treatment options.
- Developing the Intervention Team – It is important for the subject of the intervention to feel safe and supported rather than attacked. This is why it’s so crucial to keep the intervention team small. It’s a good idea to limit the event to family members and close friends who have been directly and negatively impacted by the addiction.
- Writing Letters to be Read Aloud at the Event – Everyone who is going to participate in the event writes out a letter to their loved one. The letter includes how they have been personally impacted and what boundaries they are going to implement should treatment be refused. It’s important that the letters are not mean or accusatory, but genuine and compassionate. The interventionist looks over the letters before they are read.
- Finalizing a Plan of Action – The final details are smoothed out, including where the intervention is going to be held and at what time of day. It’s also important that transportation to and from the event is planned out. Who is going to bring the subject to the location? Who is going to drive the subject to treatment should they accept the offer?
- Finding an Appropriate Treatment Program – You will need to determine which level of care is the best fit for your loved one. The interventionist is going to help you find a detox center or rehab that is best-suited to your loved one’s unique clinical requirements.
- Staging the Intervention – During the intervention itself the letters are read aloud, boundaries are clearly communicated and immediate entry into an addiction treatment program is offered. If your loved one accepts they are immediately admitted to treatment; if they refuse the interventionist follows up regularly.
- Following up Regardless of the Outcome – If your loved one refuses treatment initially there is a very good chance they will change their mind after several days or weeks of maintained boundaries. The interventionist follows up on progress regularly.
Our Drug & Alcohol Detox Services Include
Benefits of Intervention
Benefits of staging a professionally facilitated intervention include:
- An intervention pushes your loved one to make a split-second decision. This disallows them the opportunity to back out after an hour or two of contemplation.
- Having a professional present at the event is very beneficial. Chances are your loved one has mastered emotional manipulation while active in addiction. An experienced interventionist is not easily swayed and delivers the hard truth in an effective way.
- Access to professional guidance prior to the event helps you feel supported. Because there are so many potential treatment options to choose from, you might not even know where to begin. The interventionist will utilize the information you shared to help make the best choice for your loved one, whether that be admission to a medical detox center like CuraWest, a residential inpatient treatment center or any other level of care.
- An interventionist guides you through the process before and after the intervention. Even if your loved one refuses treatment, the interventionist is there to support you and your family. An initial refusal does not mean the intervention was a failure. It means a vital seed was planted, and you now have time to work on restoring your own mental and emotional well-being.
Ready To Begin Your Drug & Alcohol Detox?
We Offer A Safe & Effective Program
Don’t let Drug & Alcohol addiction control your life.
Call us today and let’s get you started on the path to a better you.
Help Yourself First
Regardless of your relationship to the person afflicted with addiction there’s a good chance your own mental and emotional well-being have been harshly compromised. Start engaging in self-care; this will put you in an even better position to help your loved one when they do come around. Seek out a support group like Al-Anon, meet with an individual therapist, make sure you’re getting enough sleep and eating three meals a day, and start prioritizing your own needs. Once your boundaries have been set it’s time to take a step back and focus on yourself.
Begin Healing Now!
Have A Call With One Of Our Treatment Advisors
Don’t Suffer Any Longer
Contact Us Today to Get Started
If you feel you have run out of options, CuraWest is available to help. Not only do we offer professional crisis intervention services, but we have developed an admissions process geared towards making medical detox as accessible as possible. As soon as you or your loved one is ready to begin on their addiction recovery journey, pick up the phone and call us or contact us directly through our website. During our initial contact one of our Treatment Advisors will conduct a brief pre-assessment which helps us determine whether or not our detox program is the best available option. If we believe our services are a good fit for you or your loved one, we offer a free, no obligation insurance benefit check and reliable transportation to our Denver, Colorado detox facility. Contact us today to learn more or to be put in touch with an experienced, professional interventionist in your area.