If you or someone close to you has been suffering from a Valium use disorder of any severity, CuraWest is available to help. We offer a multi-phased addiction treatment program in Denver, Colorado, designed to help people move through a safe, pain-free benzodiazepine withdrawal into the next appropriate level of clinical care. In addition to medically monitored detox, we offer inpatient addiction treatment, helping our clients develop the skills they need to maintain sobriety on their own. To learn more about our effective and individualized program of Valium addiction recovery, contact us today.
Valium is a potent prescription benzodiazepine, one commonly used to treat anxiety disorders and severe sleep-related issues. Because this medication is both potent and extremely habit-forming, it is generally not prescribed to be taken for an extended period of time. Still, Valium remains one of the most frequently prescribed medications throughout the United States. Over the course of the past decade, benzodiazepine abuse, addition and overdose-related death have been on a sharp incline. The National Institute on Drug Abuse reported that between the years 1996 and 2013, the number of benzodiazepine prescriptions filled by American adults increased a staggering 67 percent. Additionally, in the year 2015, 23 percent of individuals who lost their lives to an opioid overdose also tested positive for a benzodiazepine like Valium. If you have been suffering at the hands of a Valium abuse disorder of any severity, seeking professional medical help is of the utmost importance.
Valium Withdrawal Signs & Symptoms
Symptoms commonly associated with Valium withdrawal include:
- Intense Valium cravings
- Dizziness and lightheadedness
- Intense fatigue
- Insomnia and other sleep-related issues
- Nausea, vomiting and diarrhea
- Intense stomach cramping
- Body tremors and uncontrollable shaking
- Low-grade fever
- Mood swings
- Confusion and disorientation
- Increased blood pressure and increased heart rate
- Cardiovascular issues like heart palpitations
- Severe depression and suicidal ideation
- Intense bouts of anxiety that could include panic attacks
When it comes to Valium withdrawal (or benzodiazepine withdrawal of any kind) medical detox is always a required first step on the road to recovery.
We Are Here For You
Let Us Help You Heal
Our Valium detoxification experience is second to none.
Learn how we can help by speaking with one of our Treatment Advisors today.
Why Medical Detox Necessary For Valium Addiction
First and foremost, medical detox is always a necessary first step on the long-term road to Valium addiction recovery seeing as benzodiazepine withdrawal can be extremely dangerous when left untreated. In most cases, tapering is the most effective detox method when it comes to potent, non-opioid medications like Valium. It is extremely important that the tapering process is closely overseen by a medical professional to ensure that no life-threatening withdrawal symptoms arise, and that if they do, they can be immediately and effectively treated.
At CuraWest we also utilize Medication Assisted Treatment for Valium (benzodiazepine) withdrawal, often employing beneficial medications such as:
- Anticonvulsants – Seizures are not uncommon side effects when it comes to Valium withdrawals. In the case of a seizure, our prescribing physicians prescribe an anticonvulsant to be taken for the remainder of the acute detox period.
- Melatonin – One of the more common symptoms associated with Valium withdrawal is insomnia, which can be quite uncomfortable when coupled with intense fatigue. Melatonin is a safe and non-habit-forming sleep aid.
- Non-addictive muscle relaxants – Medications like Gablofen and Lioresal have been repeatedly proven to reduce the overwhelming psychological benzodiazepine cravings that often lead to relapse.
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors – This specific type of antidepressant has been proven to alleviate the more disruptive psychological symptoms associated with Valium withdrawal.
At CuraWest we provide people of all ages with a safe and pain-free Valium withdrawal in a structured, supportive and comfort-oriented environment.
Our Valium Detox Services Include
The Detox Services We Offer
The medical detox services offered by CuraWest include (but are not limited to):
- In-depth clinical, medical and psychological evaluations – As soon as a client is admitted to our medical detox program, he or she undergoes an in-depth assessment which helps our clinical team determine which detox methods are going to be the most effective for his or her unique case. We examine personal medical history, family medical history, the presence of any diagnosed mental health conditions and the details associated with the addictive disorder (what substances were being abused and for how long). An additional assessment is held towards the end of the medical detox process, and helps our case managers determine which level of clinical care is the most appropriate for each client to enter into once he or she has been physically stabilized.
- Personalized case management services – Each client is assigned a case manager upon admission to our medical detox program. The case manager helps the client through the early recovery process, answering any questions and quelling any concerns. Ultimately the case manager helps the remainder of the clinical team develop a personalized aftercare program, including rehab placement. He or she also serves as the main point of contact for the family members of the client, keeping them updated on progress and future treatment plans.
- Medication Assisted Treatment and medication management – When it comes to Valium detox, medication assisted treatment is very often necessary to treat the more dangerous withdrawal symptoms (like seizures) and the more uncomfortable and frustrating withdrawal symptoms (like insomnia). The initial assessment helps our medical team and prescribing physicians determine whether or not MAT is necessary – this always varies on a person-to-person basis. If a client comes to us with one or multiple medications that he or she is already taking on a regular basis, our clinical team holds onto the medication and administers it at the same time every day in a closely monitored environment.
Ready To Begin Your Valium Detox?
We Offer A Safe & Effective Program
Don’t let Valium addiction control your life.
Call us today and let’s get you started on the path to a better you.
- Addiction recovery services – At CuraWest we believe that the most effective medical detox experiences combine medical care with intensive therapy and a wide range of recovery-related group sessions. Not only do we work towards physical stabilization by providing a safe and pain-free withdrawal, we actively lay a solid foundation for long-term success in sobriety in the inpatient portion of our treatment program. Some of the recovery services we offer include relapse prevention training, extensive education on the disease model of addiction, 12 step program immersion, intensive therapy sessions, dual diagnosis-oriented group therapy sessions, trauma informed care and peer discussions relating to recovery-related challenges.
- Individual, group and family therapy sessions – If clients are feeling up to it, they have the opportunity to participate in at least one individual therapy session every week, where they are able to work through issues on a more personal level and gain further insight into the underlying and contributing factors of substance abuse. Group therapy sessions take place on a daily basis, and family therapy sessions are open to family members who live in Denver, Colorado and want to participate in the early recovery process.
- A wide range of comfort-oriented amenities – At CuraWest we offer our clients a homestyle retreat environment that was carefully designed with client comfort in mind. We provide private bedrooms equipped with flat screen televisions should clients choose to relax, well-appointed common areas, a fully stocked, state-of-the-art kitchen and daily chef-prepared meals and a wide range of other amenities that cannot be found in a traditional hospital setting or a state-run detox facility.
- In-depth aftercare planning, including rehab placement – Aftercare is essential to long-term success in sobriety and addiction recovery. Case managers and clinical staff members work together to develop a personalized aftercare plan for each individual client, which always includes an immediate transition into the next appropriate level of clinical care. In many cases, this is inpatient treatment — a level of care we provide to existing clients.
Begin Healing Now!
Have A Call With One Of Our Treatment Advisors
Don’t Suffer Any Longer
Begin Your Journey of Addiction Recovery Today
If you have been suffering at the hands of a Valium addiction disorder of any severity, CuraWest is available to help. Simply contact us and one of our experienced Treatment Advisors will conduct a brief pre-assessment over the phone. They ask a series of pertinent personal questions like, “How long have you been abusing Valium?” “What dosage of Valium are you currently taking on a daily basis?” “Do you have any previously diagnosed mental health conditions or a family history of mental illness?” These questions simply help our treatment team ensure that our program of Valium addiction recovery is a good fit for you and your unique clinical requirements. Next, we conduct a brief insurance benefit check which helps us determine how much of your treatment experience is covered. If you are currently insured through a major national or regional provider, there is a good chance our detox and inpatient treatment services are covered either partially or in full. Finally, we develop stress-free travel plans and set up a date and time for intake.
No matter how severe your Valium use disorder has become, recovery is always possible. Give us a call today 24/7 at (888) 693-1794 and speak with one of our Treatment Advisors. We look forward to speaking with you and getting you started on your own personal journey of comprehensive healing.