If you have been suffering from mild, moderate or severe benzodiazepine abuse, CuraWest is available to help. Our individualized program always puts the needs of the clients first, and is dedicated to providing a safe and effective benzodiazepine detox to people of all ages.
The American Public Health Association published a study titled, “Increasing Benzodiazepine Prescriptions and Overdose Mortality in the United States, 1996–2013.” This study suggested that the amount of American adults filling prescriptions for this specific prescription sedative increased a staggering 67 percent from 1996 to 2013. There is no question about the fact that benzodiazepines are extremely habit-forming. Part of the reason why they are so addictive is that individuals who begin taking them will begin to feel the effects of withdrawal upon ceased use – even if they are taking the medication as prescribed. Benzodiazepine is not just highly uncomfortable, it can be extremely dangerous – even life-threatening – when not carefully overseen and treated by a team of experienced medical professionals. At CuraWest, our staff of long-term addiction field experts is composed of medical professionals, therapists, psychiatrists and support staff members who are all working towards the same common goal – to provide the highest level of quality medical detox. Not only can we safely manage all benzo-related withdrawal symptoms, but we guarantee that each of our clients will stay safe, supported and comfortable.
Benzodiazepine Withdrawal – Signs and Symptoms
A study originally published by the British Pharmacological Society titled, “Benzodiazepine dependence and its treatment with low dose flumazenil,” examines the numerous symptoms of benzo withdrawal in depth. The study found that around 40 percent of individuals who have been abusing benzodiazepines for over six months experience severe withdrawal symptoms, while the other 60 percent experience mild or moderate withdrawal symptoms. Some of the more common symptoms of benzodiazepine withdrawal include:
- Severe anxiety and restlessness
- Irritability and agitation
- Insomnia and other sleep-related disorders
- Hand tremors
- Muscle spasms
- General aches and pains
- Stomach issues like nausea, vomiting and diarrhea
- Intense headaches
- Profuse sweating/night sweats